HORTA IN GUINÉA DJILAKOUNDA
Construction, endowment and commissioning of a garden for women in Guinéa Djilakouda. The priority of this project is the increase and diversification of productive agricultural activities and income generation.
A female community garden is exploited and managed by the Women's Association of the neighborhood or the village beneficiary. These types of community productive activities have multiple benefits for women such as:
– Generation of own income.
– Improvement of the diet of the families.
– Generation of part-time jobs.
– Diverse formations: agricultural techniques, basic management, food safety...
– Causes the cohesion and organization of the producer Group.
– Allows the different female groups to exchange experiences and create clusters of groups to define joint plurisectoral strategies.
– Changes and enhances the role of women in the home and community.
It has constituted a group of female workers with 65 members, called GIE USSOFORAL, in the village of Guinéa Djilakounda.
It was inaugurated in January of the year 2019.